Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Natural (un-medicated) Childbirth


For some reason, I felt that I needed to have an un-medicated birth with my first pregnancy. After 23 hours of labor and the help of a "doula"...the mission was accomplished. I learned much about myself, my body, my child, and even God, through that experience. I am now 30 weeks into my second pregnancy and starting to contemplate what I want to do this time around. I feel that I need a little more mental preparation if I am to succeed again. I'm keeping an open mind and not feeling quite as much pressure to go natural, even though I have seen the benefits, but want to give it my best shot. That is why I have begun taking a "Hypnobirthing" course. The idea of "hypnotism" may sound weird at first, but it is nothing like what you have probably been trained to think. It is really just a very deep form of relaxation, visualization, and being able to tap into the parts of your brain that can aide you in many ways...including pain relief. I have been so impressed thus far and am anxious to see what it will do for this coming birth adventure!

5 comments:

Billy and Nikki said...

all I can say is wow! Your amazing. And so cute about the booger song! haha

The Hoths said...

Katy, first I want to say that you're amazing. I will always wonder if I could have gone naturaly with Halli (That was my intent) but I ended up having to be sectioned so I'll never know. But I really look up to you for doing it, you're so strong. You might already know this but Jessica Daniels did hypnobirthing with her last kid. Anad she loved it. You might have her phone number but if you don't and you want to give her a call about it I have it. Just let me know. 232-6332
Rhonda

Brandon and Lesli said...

HI Katy - how are you feeling? You are getting so close! I'm excited for you! I think I already talked to you about this - but I did Hypnobirthing and loved it. I still love it - I use the stuff I learned all the time to help me "chill". Things went so fast with Gray that I didn't have to use as much visualization - but I know it helped so much in getting me to labor faster. Good luck!
Lesli

The Ropers said...

Hey Katy, I will be interested to know how you like the hypnobirthing, with Tenzing things went so fast that I did not have time to have an epidural and it was way more then I could handle, I think if I had some more mental prep I would have done much better, If I decide to have more kids I think I will give it a try. Good luck!
Kelly

Karren Family said...

I went natural with Stetsen and I intented on doing it once again with my Easten, but due to complications the doc said it was not the best option as I was delivering, I was bummed out but when I went natural with Stets I found so much good in it,and seeing what it was like with Easten I know with my next I want to go back to natural if the baby and my body allows it. I want to look into this because with Stets I didn't take ANY classes and went into it blindly. Thanks for this blog and good luck!
-HollyJo
(our family blog is hollyandrustykarren.blogspot.com if you want to see our family)

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com

lawsuit loans